Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yoga

I started taking a Yoga class this semester, and I can't say enough great things about! For someone like me who has horrible back problems it really is a great medicine. At first I was reluctant to thinking that it could really help my back, looking a pictures of people doing yoga I could only think that it would make my problems worse. Much to my surprise it does the exact opposite, it stretches and opens up muscles I never knew I even had, or that I could ever control for that matter. The class I have is just a beginners class, we do simple stretching, basic poses and relaxation exercises. I am still trying to master the art of breathing while doing everything else in yoga, but you have to start somewhere. The thing I love about my instructor is she always reminds us that she has practiced yoga for 15 years and there are still things she can't do. Yoga is a practice that there is always more to learn. It makes my back feel normal after just one hour, and on top of that no matter how stressed or crazy my life is at any given moment it allows for me to clear my mind of everything for 50 mins. and just listen to my body. I can see myself furthering my own practice in yoga in years to come. There are so many types to explore and I am anxious to find my favorite and try new ones!! XOXO!



CLW

No comments:

Post a Comment